Thursday, January 24, 2008
Tell me what you think of my TIP
This post is for my colleagues and professors to comment on my TIP. The short synopsis is that my inquiry project will look at student performance on writing AP science free response questions between groups of on-line versus off-line collaboration. My proposal is on Angel and I'd appreciate your comments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Scott C.
You’ve done a very thorough job of preparing your TIP project. I’m sure you feel a lot of responsibility as a teacher to do your best to prepare students in the AP courses. Question: You’ve got three different conditions and are looking to see what kinds of results the conditions produce. I think it would be productive to get good data about the details of particular activities within those contexts and how those particular activities are related to the outcomes. In other words, I can imagine that any of those conditions could be productive if certain things were to happen in them. Maybe, these things are more likely to happen in some conditions rather than others. Can you get at these sorts of things? David W.
Scott,
Good to have multiple data sources. Qualitative and quantitative data, surveys and interviews. If you already know what items you will include in the surveys and interviews, it would be nice to include them as appendixes.
Suggestions and questions:
When you asked students to rate their mastery of the content in this unit, you used “1. 10% 2. 20% 3. 30%.....). I would suggest you use 1) 10% instead of “1. 10%” since the later one might be misleading.
I hope you could say something about how to analyze the qualitative data you will get for self-reflection.
The research aspect of this is astounding all of the data you are going to collect. A potential suggestion for your qualitative given to me by my wife when I was working on creating my questionnaire, was to try and find someway to evaluate it quantitatively. It may make final analysis a little easier.
Mike
Post a Comment